The initial cost of Digital Controls will be greater, but the benefits they offer provide a more automated and efficient workplace.
- Increased occupant comfort– much tighter control of temperature and humidity.
- Decreased operating costs and faster operating time– facilities personnel can view status and change HVAC set points.
- Controls sequences for energy savings-controls can be programmed to control equipment in a more optimized manner.
- Digital interface– engineers can tap into the diagnostics from their central location and have 24/7 equipment monitoring.
- Less tenant maintenance required– building engineer can spend less time on tenant equipment and more on the base building system.